Definition of puzzling in English:
Causing one to be puzzled; perplexing: that was the most puzzling aspect of the whole affair only one very puzzling question remains unanswered
More example sentences
- Given the large structural changes in the complex, the small change in dynamics might seem puzzling.
- IBS can affect children, too, giving them a puzzling set of digestive complaints.
- Every few yards there is a surreal spectacle, a puzzling riddle or a mysterious door.
- [sentence adverb]: puzzlingly, almost no mention of Hong Kong was made [as submodifier]: prices for Goya paintings are still puzzlingly lowMore example sentences
- ‘I don't have the voice in my head,’ he says, puzzlingly, ‘It is on the paper.’
- ‘I've been trying to say this to you for the best part of 10 years, but never quite found the words,’ he said, puzzlingly.
- It's pleasant, but puzzlingly inconsequential.
Words that rhyme with puzzlingswashbuckling
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan