- Inflammation of the substance of the kidney as a result of bacterial infection.More example sentences
- Systemic maternal febrile infections such as pyelonephritis have been associated with preterm delivery.
- Because of hematuria, bacteriuria and pyuria, Susan had been treated for a urinary tract infection with possible pyelonephritis.
- White blood cell casts are usually indicative of a renal inflammatory process such as pyelonephritis.
mid 19th century: from Greek puelos 'trough, basin' + nephritis.
More definitions of pyelonephritisDefinition of pyelonephritis in:
- The British & World English dictionary