A very small owl found in America and northern Eurasia.
- Genus Glaucidium, family Strigidae: several species
More example sentences
- Small raptors such as pygmy owls, for example, elicited the most frenzied chickadee danger calls.
- To someone who cares about Ironwood's petroglyphs, pygmy owls, and bighorn sheep, these requests might seem absurd.
- The pygmy owl, with a reddish tail and a grey-brown body, has been listed as endangered since 1997.
Definition of pygmy owl in:
- The British & World English dictionary