Definition of pygmy shrew in English:
A shrew that is one of the smallest known mammals.
- Genus Sorex, family Soricidae: several species, in particular the Eurasian S. minutus and the American S. hoyi
- The pygmy shrew is the smallest mammal you'll find in the northern hemisphere.
- ‘Technically, perhaps,’ replied the imperturbable polymog, ‘but you are to a great white as a pygmy shrew is to a rhinoceros.’
- Sometimes I feel more like a pygmy shrew than an armadillo.
Definition of pygmy shrew in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.