Definition of pygmy shrew in English:
A shrew that is one of the smallest known mammals.
- Genus Sorex, family Soricidae: several species, in particular the Eurasian S. minutus and the American S. hoyi
- The pygmy shrew is the smallest mammal you'll find in the northern hemisphere.
- ‘Technically, perhaps,’ replied the imperturbable polymog, ‘but you are to a great white as a pygmy shrew is to a rhinoceros.’
- Sometimes I feel more like a pygmy shrew than an armadillo.
Definition of pygmy shrew in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan