Definition of pyracantha in English:
A thorny evergreen Eurasian shrub with white flowers and bright red or yellow berries that is a popular ornamental. Also called firethorn.
- Genus Pyracantha, family Rosaceae
- Plants such as pyracantha and Japanese quince produce flowers and berries on branches more than 1 year old.
- Wall shrubs including pyracantha or ornamental quince can be trained and get less out of control than some vigorous climbers.
- The pyracantha bushes flaunt the screaming orange berries, the deciduous hollies sport sparkling red ones on bare stems.
Definition of pyracantha in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan