- A dark red mineral consisting of a sulfide of silver and antimony.More example sentences
- Pseudomorphs of marcasite, chalcopyrite, pyrite, arsenopyrite, pyrargyrite, magnetite, and quartz after pyrrhotite have been reported.
- Hurst describes the vugs as containing gold, silver, polybasite, pyrargyrite, and tetrahedrite.
- The primary ore mineral was pyrargyrite, and much of the ore ran 500-5,000 ounces of silver per ton.
mid 19th century: from Greek puro- (from pur 'fire') + arguros 'silver' + -ite1.
More definitions of pyrargyriteDefinition of pyrargyrite in:
- The British & World English dictionary