Definition of pyrexia in English:
Raised body temperature; fever.
- Along with the constant infestation of lice came the high risk of pyrexia, or trench fever.
- Rarely, patients may have influenza-like symptoms, transient pyrexia, or allergic reactions.
- In Perth, maternal pyrexia and preceding viral illness were both importantly associated with encephalopathy.
- Example sentences
- He remained pyrexial, his C reactive protein concentration and hepatic transaminases continued to rise, and he became increasingly unwell.
- She's also gone lame which is one of the symptoms (pyrexial and limping syndrome).
- She was pyrexial and vomiting (two siblings had similar but less marked symptoms).
Definition of pyrexia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.