Definition of pyridine in English:
A colorless volatile liquid with an unpleasant odor, present in coal tar and used chiefly as a solvent.
- A heteroaromatic compound; chemical formula: C5H5N
- The folic acid pathway provides the essential precursor molecule, pyridine thymidylate, needed in DNA biosynthesis.
- The structure of niacinamide consists of a pyridine ring with an amide group in position three.
- This is a pyridine silver method described by Ranson in 1911 for impregnating unmyelinated nerve fibers.
Definition of pyridine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.