Definition of pyrimidine in English:
1A colorless crystalline compound with basic properties.
- Second, there is no branch in the pyrimidine synthesis pathway.
- The URA3 gene is essential for yeast pyrimidine biosynthesis.
- Our analyses also suggest that the utilization of products of de novo pyrimidine biosynthesis may differ between different cell types.
1.1 (also pyrimidine base) A substituted derivative of this, especially the bases thymine and cytosine present in DNA.
- Both of these products involve dimerization of adjacent pyrimidines on the same DNA strand.
- Purines and pyrimidines are considered as complex molecules themselves because they are never synthesized as such in vivo.
- Some introns also have a sequence rich in pyrimidines that adds up to 10 additional bases at the 3’ end.
Definition of pyrimidine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.