Having the property of becoming electrically charged when heated: a pyroelectric detector
More example sentences
- The team initiates fusion of deuterium using the strong electric field generated in a pyroelectric crystal.
- For long wavelength systems like carbon dioxide lasers, for example, a pyroelectric array has been shown to be the most accurate device.
- Its measured density varies from 3.9 to 4.1, and it is pyroelectric and sometimes tribohiminescent and fluorescent.
- More example sentences
- William Thomson published the first major theoretical treatment of pyroelectricity in 1878.
- Piezoelectricity and pyroelectricity are fundamental properties of connective tissues reported for bones, teeth, and tendons of vertebrates.
Definition of pyroelectric in:
- The British & World English dictionary