A weakly acid crystalline compound chiefly used as a developer in photography.
- Alternative name: 1,3,5-trihydroxybenzene; chemical formula: C6H3(OH)3
More example sentences
- Catechol and pyrogallol may be substituted for hydroquinone, but are not as suitable.
- Because of the tanning effect of catechol on emulsion gelatine, it has many of the properties of pyrogallol.
- One unit of activity was determined as the amount of enzyme that inhibited the oxidation of pyrogallol by 50%.
More definitions of pyrogallolDefinition of pyrogallol in:
- The British & World English dictionary