Definition of pyrogallol in English:
A weakly acid crystalline compound chiefly used as a developer in photography.
- Alternative name: 1,3,5-trihydroxybenzene; chemical formula: C6H3(OH)3
- Catechol and pyrogallol may be substituted for hydroquinone, but are not as suitable.
- Because of the tanning effect of catechol on emulsion gelatine, it has many of the properties of pyrogallol.
- One unit of activity was determined as the amount of enzyme that inhibited the oxidation of pyrogallol by 50%.
Definition of pyrogallol in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.