Definition of pyrolysis in English:
Decomposition brought about by high temperatures.
- The rate of both reactions increased at higher temperatures of pyrolysis.
- NeoPhotonics specializes in a laser-reactive deposition technique, similar in some ways to flame pyrolysis.
- Rock eval pyrolysis permits evaluation of this observation.
- Example sentences
- In 1969 a new allotropic form of carbon was produced during the sublimation of pyrolytic graphite at low pressures.
- This type of joint is constructed out of durable pyrolytic carbon and graphite, making it strong and wear resistant.
- In addition, possible toxicological implications of these constituents and their pyrolytic products are explored.
Definition of pyrolysis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia