Definition of python in English:
- Anacondas are related to boa constrictors and pythons.
- Non-venomous snakes like boas and pythons grab their prey and squeeze them to death.
- I used to keep pythons and boa constrictors years ago.
- Use it to implement a parser for Python's expression syntax.
- In Python this is handled automatically via the module/import framework.
- This file is read and processed by a (mostly custom built) program written in the python language.
A python's name comes from Greek Puthōn, the name of a huge serpent or monster killed by Apollo in Greek legend. Poets in the 17th and 18th centuries sometimes described any monster or plague as a python. Python was only used as a generic term for a snake that crushes its prey from the early 19th century. The BBC comedy series Monty Python's Flying Circus was first shown on 5 October 1969. The name was deliberately chosen to have no real meaning—it was the winning candidate from a list of absurd titles such as Gwen Dibley's Flying Circus, Vaseline Review, and Owl-Stretching Time. After a slow start the programme became so popular and influential that in 1975 it gave the language a new word, Pythonesque, to describe surreal humour.
Words that rhyme with pythonPhaethon • leviathan
Definition of python in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.