Definition of quadraphonic in English:
(Of sound reproduction) transmitted through four channels.
- Scientists can't check Ohno's hypothesis by watching the DVD of the Y's life story, complete with quadraphonic sound.
- Simplified, Black Box is four giant, central screens in a cube-shaped room decked out with top-gun quadraphonic sound.
- It goes beyond quadraphonic, heading for a sound stage of 360 degrees.
quadraphonics plural noun
- Example sentences
- The great orchestral suite was premiered during the First World War and used to show off every recording innovation ever after, from electrical to quadraphonics.
Words that rhyme with quadraphonicanachronic, animatronic, bionic, Brythonic, bubonic, Byronic, canonic, carbonic, catatonic, chalcedonic, chronic, colonic, conic, cyclonic, daemonic, demonic, diatonic, draconic, electronic, embryonic, euphonic, harmonic, hegemonic, histrionic, homophonic, hypersonic, iconic, ionic, ironic, isotonic, laconic, macaronic, Masonic, Miltonic, mnemonic, monotonic, moronic, Napoleonic, philharmonic, phonic, Platonic, Plutonic, polyphonic, sardonic, saxophonic, siphonic, Slavonic, sonic, stereophonic, subsonic, subtonic, symphonic, tectonic, Teutonic, thermionic, tonic, transonic, ultrasonic
Definition of quadraphonic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan