Definition of quantile in English:
1Each of any set of values of a variate that divide a frequency distribution into equal groups, each containing the same fraction of the total population.
- The empirical data were then graphically compared with the range of 95% of the simulated values belted by these quantiles.
- In practice, this is not trivial; however, it is simpler in computing the quantiles or P values using the existing tables.
- A more indepth analysis of the logistics response times was accomplished by identifying quantiles within the original distribution and eliminating values that occurred in the highest sections.
1.1Any of the groups so produced, e.g., a quartile or percentile.
- Table 1 does not contain quantiles larger than the median because the distribution function for the grandchild-grandparent relationship is symmetric.
- The mean weights of the quantiles were 168, 209, 231, 248, 262, and 277 grams.
- Classification is based on quantiles (each class contains an equal number of counties) that have gained or lost a certain level of migrants.
Definition of quantile in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.