(also the quantity theory of money)
- The hypothesis that changes in prices correspond to changes in the monetary supply.More example sentences
- If these two variables were assumed to remain constant, then the simple quantity theory would predict the price level to change in proportion to a change in the money supply.
- The correlation between price level and money supply is determined by the quantity theory of money.
- Traditionally, classical economists supported the quantity theory of money as explaining price levels.
More definitions of quantity theoryDefinition of quantity theory in:
- The British & World English dictionary