Definition of quantum computer in English:
A computer that makes use of the quantum states of subatomic particles to store information.
- Moreover, Meyer's games do not require the bits to be entangled, so they might even help answer one of the fundamental questions in quantum computing: do the qubits in a quantum computer have to be entangled for it to work at all?
- Superpositioning allows the quantum computer to simultaneously store multiple bit patterns, or states, depending on the number of particles in the system.
- The high efficiency of a quantum computer facilitates computing far beyond the capacity of present-day equipment.
quantum computing noun
- Example sentences
- Historically, the people doing quantum optics and ion traps were closer to the people doing quantum computing, so they were the first to investigate quantum computing.
- As well as possible applications in quantum computing, tunable Josephson junctions could be used to sense tiny variations in magnetic fields.
- The basic idea of quantum computing is to store data in the nuclei of atoms by altering their orientation, thereby producing a binary scheme.
Definition of quantum computer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan