Definition of quantum computer in English:
A computer that makes use of the quantum states of subatomic particles to store information.
- Moreover, Meyer's games do not require the bits to be entangled, so they might even help answer one of the fundamental questions in quantum computing: do the qubits in a quantum computer have to be entangled for it to work at all?
- Superpositioning allows the quantum computer to simultaneously store multiple bit patterns, or states, depending on the number of particles in the system.
- The high efficiency of a quantum computer facilitates computing far beyond the capacity of present-day equipment.
quantum computing noun
- Example sentences
- Historically, the people doing quantum optics and ion traps were closer to the people doing quantum computing, so they were the first to investigate quantum computing.
- As well as possible applications in quantum computing, tunable Josephson junctions could be used to sense tiny variations in magnetic fields.
- The basic idea of quantum computing is to store data in the nuclei of atoms by altering their orientation, thereby producing a binary scheme.
Definition of quantum computer in:
- British & World English dictionary