An unglazed floor tile, typically of a reddish-brown color.
More example sentences
- Also off the kitchen is a bright conservatory which has a floor of quarry tiles, and French doors out to the back garden.
- The quarry tiles on the floor and the face brick pillars are a fine background for the ‘country kitchen’ effect.
- At the back of the hall, the kitchen has quarry tiles on the floor, hand-crafted oak units, granite worktops, a tiled splashback and a double Belfast sink unit.
- More example sentences
- In the quarry-tiled kitchen, maple wall and floor units with granite-effect worktops provide plenty of storage.
- The entrance porch has recessed lighting and an original quarry tiled floor.
- There is an Aga in the kitchen, and homespun pine kitchen units, comfortably in keeping with the quarry-tiled floor.
Definition of quarry tile in:
- The British & World English dictionary