Definition of quarry tile in English:
An unglazed floor tile, typically of a reddish-brown color.
- Also off the kitchen is a bright conservatory which has a floor of quarry tiles, and French doors out to the back garden.
- The quarry tiles on the floor and the face brick pillars are a fine background for the ‘country kitchen’ effect.
- At the back of the hall, the kitchen has quarry tiles on the floor, hand-crafted oak units, granite worktops, a tiled splashback and a double Belfast sink unit.
- quarry-tiled adjective
- Example sentences
- Customers sit on hard wooden benches in her unadorned quarry-tiled front room.
- A quarry-tiled rear hall leads through to a small breakfast room with cast iron fireplace.
- The stained glass front door, opens to a quarry-tiled hallway with cream walls, a dado rail and ceiling coving.
Definition of quarry tile in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.