Definition of quarter binding in English:
A type of bookbinding in which the spine is covered in one material (usually leather) and the rest of the cover in another.
- The process of quarter binding a book is more akin to paperback binding than traditional case binding.
- This printing features the light grey quarter leather binding, with gilded labyrinth design by Jeff Clements.
- They would not have had a dust jacket but would be bound in leather or clothe in styles known as full binding, half binding or quarter binding.
- Example sentences
- These copies are quarter bound in leather with a gilt spine and housed in a slip-case.
- The book is quarter-bound in red with grey board that has stamped into it in red and gold foil Tolkien's Ring and Eye of Sauron symbol.
- It was quarter-bound in a traditional style: a cream canvas spine with a leather spine-label and grey paper-covered sides.
Definition of quarter binding in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia