Definition of quartile in English:
1Each of four equal groups into which a population can be divided according to the distribution of values of a particular variable.
- Children in the upper quartile of the blood-lead-concentration distribution donated another blood sample in February 1993.
- White women were older, smoked more, and were less likely to have dietary calcium intakes in the lowest quartile of distribution than black and Hispanic women.
- The school is one of several elementary schools within a district that is in the bottom quartile when fourth grade standardized test scores and passage rates are compared throughout the state.
1.1Each of the three values of the random variable that divide a population into four groups.
- Every measurement was first divided by its plate's quartile and then multiplied by the average quartile of the respective experiment.
- Simple quartiles cannot be defined in interval variables unless their boundaries chance to fall at interval boundaries.
- We calculate medians and quartiles of the age at leaving home by sex and race, using a fitted curve derived from a logit regression model.
Definition of quartile in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan