- An extremely compact, hard, granular rock consisting essentially of quartz. It often occurs as silicified sandstone, as in sarsen stones.More example sentences
- In addition to the volcanogenic sedimentary rocks, there are lenses of limestone, quartzite, shale and sandstone.
- The most resistant rocks are quartzite and quartz-rich sandstones, and tough fine-grained rocks such as slate.
- The envelope consists of garnet gneiss, migmatite, sillimanite gneiss, fibrolite schist, andalusite schist and quartzite, phyllite and unmetamorphosed Palaeozoic to Cretaceous sedimentary rocks.
More definitions of quartziteDefinition of quartzite in:
- The British & World English dictionary