An obligation of one party to another imposed by law independently of an agreement between the parties.
- It is unclear whether there would be any obligation in quasi-contract to make restitution.
- Most legal systems recognize some species of liability in restitution or quasi-contract, in addition to that based on contract or tort.
- The claim is pleaded in contract alternatively in quasi-contract.
- Example sentences
- The court will assess what the employee's labours are reasonably worth by way of a quasi-contractual action for quantum meruit.
- From a practical point of view, the cause of action in conversion is to be preferred to the quasi-contractual action based on waiver of tort.
- The time is not ripe for approximating or unifying the national laws relating to the whole field of contractual and quasi-contractual obligations or even to the limited sphere of the sale of goods and provision of services.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.