An obligation of one party to another imposed by law independently of an agreement between the parties.
- It is unclear whether there would be any obligation in quasi-contract to make restitution.
- Most legal systems recognize some species of liability in restitution or quasi-contract, in addition to that based on contract or tort.
- The claim is pleaded in contract alternatively in quasi-contract.
- Example sentences
- The court will assess what the employee's labours are reasonably worth by way of a quasi-contractual action for quantum meruit.
- From a practical point of view, the cause of action in conversion is to be preferred to the quasi-contractual action based on waiver of tort.
- The time is not ripe for approximating or unifying the national laws relating to the whole field of contractual and quasi-contractual obligations or even to the limited sphere of the sale of goods and provision of services.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: qua·si con·tract
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.