- (In piquet) a set of four aces, kings, queens, jacks, or tens held in one hand.More example sentences
- Similarly, even if you pick up two kings or queens your quatorze is likely to be beaten by a quatorze of Aces.
- Similarly, the player with the better trio or quatorze can also score any other trios and quatorzes they hold, but the other player scores nothing for any trios or quatorzes.
- Any quatorze beats any trio, and when comparing two quatorzes or two trios, the one with the higher ranked cards wins.
early 18th century: French, literally 'fourteen', from Latin quattuordecim.
More definitions of quatorzeDefinition of quatorze in:
- The British & World English dictionary