Definition of queen scallop in English:
A small, edible European scallop.
- Chlamys opercularis, family Pectinidae
- The Food Standards Agency have lifted the ban on queen scallop fishing in Scapa Flow.
- It would result in the largest managed area in the UK and control oysters, mussels, cockles, clams, lobsters, squat, lobsters, queen scallops, crabs, whelks, razor fish and crawfish.
- High levels of PSP toxins have also been detected in queen scallops and mussels scattered up the west coast.
Definition of queen scallop in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan