Definition of queen scallop in English:
A small, edible European scallop.
- Chlamys opercularis, family Pectinidae
- The Food Standards Agency have lifted the ban on queen scallop fishing in Scapa Flow.
- It would result in the largest managed area in the UK and control oysters, mussels, cockles, clams, lobsters, squat, lobsters, queen scallops, crabs, whelks, razor fish and crawfish.
- High levels of PSP toxins have also been detected in queen scallops and mussels scattered up the west coast.
Definition of queen scallop in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.