- 1At a fast speed; rapidly: Reg’s illness progressed frighteningly quicklyMore example sentences
fast, swiftly, briskly, rapidly, speedily, at the speed of light, at full tilt, as fast as one's legs can carry one, at a gallop, on the double, posthaste• informal pretty damn quick, PDQ, like lightning, like greased lightning, like mad, like blazes, like the wind, lickety-split, at warp speed• literary apaceimmediately, directly, at once, now, straightaway, right away, instantly, forthwith, without delay, without further ado; soon, promptly, early, momentarilyfleetingly, briskly; hastily, hurriedly, cursorily, perfunctorily, superficially, desultorily
- Thanks to the sincere efforts of her family I quickly recovered my health.
- In contrast, the flexible protein structures in a bobtail squid's platelets can quickly change configuration.
- Using the flashlight, I'm able to find them pretty quickly.
- 1.1With little or no delay; promptly: we moved quickly to deal with our auditor’s questionsMore example sentences
- Anybody thinking of taking out serious illness insurance needs to act quickly.
- Key to future success will be the degree to which organizations respond quickly to change.
- Jake offers him a hundred francs, which Harvey quickly accepts.