- Last Saturday's Airing of the Quilts at Northampton was a crafty affair, with 250 handmade quilts lining the main street.
- A special thanks to Angie Hayes who came up with the idea and the design for the quilt, purchased the materials and made the templates.
- He had a quilt to keep him warm while he traveled and has a family waiting for him when he arrives at Walter Reed Army Medical center.
- My grandma knitted me a quilt for a wedding present and we had had it for 15 years and it was on the back of the couch.
- They showed a keen interest and curiosity in the ways that our national quilt was knitted.
- The hand knitted quilt was displayed at the guild's monthly meeting which took place in the Green School on Monday, April 10.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Why would someone go to the trouble of quilting a piece already ‘quilted’?
- The fabric is quilted diagonally and is well suited to a barn jacket styling.
- It features a 100% anti-pill polyester micro fleece upper lining and quilted nylon lower lining and sleeves.
- Example sentences
- Many of these patterns - with descriptive names such as Log Cabin, Grandma's Fan, Double Wedding Ring and Broken Star - are still popular with quilters today.
- As the first major curated exhibit of its kind, the ‘Art Quilt Project’ of 1986 brought attention to the works of non-traditional quilters.
- Many quilters use patchwork to create wall hangings.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Entry from British & World English dictionary
verb[with object] Australian informal , dated
mid 19th century: perhaps a transferred use of the verb quilt1 (with the association of quilting for protection).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.