noun & adjective
- another term for quincentennial.More example sentences
- The quincentenary is a significant public event and the Royal Mail has a tradition of recognising significant institutions who have contributed to the public good.
- Many books, published just before the quincentenary of Columbus's arrival in this continent in 1492, ignore the destructive influence of Columbus's arrival.
- The series goes a long way toward explaining, if inadvertently, why the quincentenary turned into a fiasco.
More definitions of quincentenaryDefinition of quincentenary in:
- The British & World English dictionary