- 1Recurring every five years.More example sentences
- For a fraction of the expense of the proposed quinquennial review two better options are open to the General Medical Council.
- We know that the system we have under the quinquennial census allows people to make and nominate what ethnicity they might be - and it is a curious thing; I think that few other countries have such a system.
- 1.1Lasting for or relating to a period of five years.More example sentences
- Thereafter came praetorship and consulship (though not all achieved these offices), and finally the quinquennial office of censor, the crown of a republican politician's career.
late 15th century (in the sense 'lasting five years'): from Latin quinquennis (from quinque 'five' + annus 'year') + -al.
More definitions of quinquennialDefinition of quinquennial in:
- The British & World English dictionary