- 1A group of five people playing music or singing together.More example sentences
- He believes that you increase your understanding by playing in small ensembles - three, four or five people in trios, quartets and quintets.
- Incorporating various styles of rock, jazz, blues and folk music, the quintet is lead by Matthews on guitar and vocals.
- Then as well we were treated to beautiful Mozart and Strauss music by a delightful quintet in traditional costume.
- 1.1A musical composition for a quintet.More example sentences
- We also learn that the quintets were composed for the Spanish Royal Family to be played in the splendid retreat of El Escorial which was apparently quite a musical haven in the 18th century.
- These two quintets contain music that is extremely pleasant and also very relaxing without being too troublesome on the intellectual side.
- There is a great deal of Dvorak chamber music - 14 string quartets and three quintets, as well as 10 trios, quartets and quintets with piano - and only a fraction of it is heard regularly in recitals.
late 18th century: from French quintette or Italian quintetto, from quinto 'fifth', from Latin quintus.
More definitions of quintetDefinition of quintet in:
- The British & World English dictionary