Definition of quite some in English:
1A considerable amount of: she hasn’t been seen for quite some time
More example sentences
- Stored this way, fish from the tropics will last quite some considerable time in cold storage, at least five days.
- I have listened to you and you have gone to quite some considerable length to make the same point twice.
- It caused quite some considerable difficulty during the previous separation.
2 informal way of saying quite a —— .
- Adding the chapter would have been quite some way of getting back at the bad guys.
- Given the group's notoriously bitter and protracted split a decade ago, this was quite some achievement.
- When you think back through the past 20 years, that is quite some statement.
Definition of quite some in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan