noun (plural same or rabbitfishes)
A blunt-nosed chimaera with rodentlike front teeth and a long thin tail, found in the northeastern Atlantic and around South Africa. Also called ratfish, rat-tail.
- Chimaera monstrosa, family Chimaeridae
More example sentences
- As discussed in physical description above, rabbitfishes lose their color at nightfall and may also change color if threatened.
- Throughout the ferry, nudibranchs, groupers, puffers, and wrasses had taken up residence along with juvenile barracuda, fusiliers and rabbitfish.
- Large schools of rabbitfish and Sergeant Majors seeking a handout provide guaranteed excitement for snorkellers.
Definition of rabbitfish in:
- The British & World English dictionary