Definition of rabbitfish in English:
noun (plural same or rabbitfishes)
A blunt-nosed chimaera with rodentlike front teeth and a long thin tail, found in the northeastern Atlantic and around South Africa. Also called ratfish, rat-tail.
- Chimaera monstrosa, family Chimaeridae
- As discussed in physical description above, rabbitfishes lose their color at nightfall and may also change color if threatened.
- Throughout the ferry, nudibranchs, groupers, puffers, and wrasses had taken up residence along with juvenile barracuda, fusiliers and rabbitfish.
- Large schools of rabbitfish and Sergeant Majors seeking a handout provide guaranteed excitement for snorkellers.
Definition of rabbitfish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan