Definition of raccoon dog in English:
A small wild dog of raccoonlike appearance, with a black facial mask and long brindled fur, native to the forests of southern and eastern Asia.
- Nyctereutes procyonoides, family Canidae
- In May, they announced they'd found a corona virus that was 99% similar to the SARS virus in humans in six masked palm civets and a raccoon dog.
- This study adds new data to the comparative genome map of the dog, red fox, arctic fox, and raccoon dog obtained recently by comparative chromosome painting.
- Surveillance of the civet cat, raccoon dog, and related animals for coronaviruses in and beyond China is of importance.
Definition of raccoon dog in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia