Definition of raccoon dog in English:
A small wild dog of raccoonlike appearance, with a black facial mask and long brindled fur, native to the forests of southern and eastern Asia.
- Nyctereutes procyonoides, family Canidae
- In May, they announced they'd found a corona virus that was 99% similar to the SARS virus in humans in six masked palm civets and a raccoon dog.
- This study adds new data to the comparative genome map of the dog, red fox, arctic fox, and raccoon dog obtained recently by comparative chromosome painting.
- Surveillance of the civet cat, raccoon dog, and related animals for coronaviruses in and beyond China is of importance.
Definition of raccoon dog in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.