Definition of racer in English:
1An animal or means of transportation bred or designed especially for racing: tall-masted ocean racers
More example sentences
- She grinned at him, and held his hand for a second as sign of gratitude, before running into the last building, where the pure bred racers were kept.
- Over the years he has overseen a change in his yard with National Hunt horses now outnumbering Flat racers having had more of an even split in earlier years.
- These budget racers are designed to offer the average fan the chance to go racing without breaking the bank account.
1.1A person who competes in races.
- Europe's top racers will compete in this jaw-dropping demonstration race.
- The young racers compete year-round in qualifying races in more than 150 cities and communities.
- The instructors are driving experts and accomplished racers with over 150 race wins and twenty professional championships to their credit.
2A fast-moving, harmless, and typically slender-bodied snake.
- Several genera in the family Colubridae: genus Coluber, including the American C. constrictor and the European C. gemonensis (see also whip snake), and the Asian genera Ptyas and Argyrogena (also called rat snake)
- A black snake - a harmless racer - dropped noisily from a low sable palm branch and disappeared into the underbrush.
- Red racers, by contrast, cross open areas all the time.
- One is the Saint Lucia racer, perhaps the rarest snake in the world, and the other is the worm snake, one of the smallest, measuring less than six inches long.
Definition of racer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan