Definition of racist in English:
A person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
- "You may not be a racist but the people who vote for you are," I said to him.
- Of these people, misguided as they may be, few are actual racists.
- It is time for strong action to be taken to show the racists that their chanting and form of supporting is not welcome.
adjectiveBack to top
Having or showing the belief that a particular race is superior to another: we are investigating complaints about racist abuse at the club
More example sentences
- To be against the culture of white slave-owners was not to be racist against whites.
- I think we still have certain people who are racist in attitudes.
- Any old comment I make is immediately construed to be racist by some people.
Words that rhyme with racistbassist
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan