- Denoting a mechanism, as for a car steering system, using a fixed cogged or toothed bar or rail engaging with a smaller cog.More example sentences
- Together with the engine-speed-sensing rack-and-pinion power steering, the suspension is designed to provide unerring road feel while quietly isolating the passenger cabin from unwanted noise, vibration and harshness.
- A rack-and-pinion mechanism allowed one dish to be smoothly shifted into or out of contact with the other, controlling the ants' passage between them.
- A rigidly-mounted fabricated-steel front sub-frame supports the engine mounts, suspension control arms and an electric-power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering gear.
More definitions of rack-and-pinionDefinition of rack-and-pinion in:
- The British & World English dictionary