Definition of radioactive in English:
Emitting or relating to the emission of ionizing radiation or particles: radioactive decay the water was radioactive
More example sentences
- They realized that the particles emitted by radioactive elements as they decay are in fact little bits of the atomic nuclei.
- Radon decays to form tiny radioactive particles, some of which remain suspended in the air.
- This three-year project was to lead to the discovery of the causes of radioactive emissions.
- Example sentences
- It is unstable, and scientists know that it radioactively decays by electron emission to Nitrogen 14, with a half life of 5730 years.
- ‘There is likely to be an increase in radioactively contaminated metals and other radioactive sources entering the scrap supply chain,’ he said.
- Those four iron isotopes are all radioactively stable.
Definition of radioactive in:
- British & World English dictionary