Definition of radiolucent in English:
Transparent to X-rays.
- Radiological study revealed that the right maxillary sinus was totally obliterated by a multilocular mass containing numerous radiopacities within the radiolucent areas.
- If stones are present, they appear as radiolucent or radiopaque calculi within the gallbladder.
- Radiographic examination revealed an ill-defined radiolucent lesion at the joint area of the previous bone graft and the right mandibular angle.
- Example sentences
- First, the lesion may show a transverse radiolucency extending from the posterior nonarticular surface to the articular surface.
- Skeletal radiographs showed linear radiolucencies in the metaphyses of the long bones and lucent areas in the iliac bones, consistent with osteitis.
- Radiographic examination revealed an irregular radiolucency in the mandible symphyseal region between the right and left premolars.
Definition of radiolucent in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan