- A method of dating geological or archeological specimens by determining the relative proportions of particular radioactive isotopes present in a sample.More example sentences
- In an attempt to resolve this conundrum, we have carried out multidisciplinary research involving field studies, radiometric dating, geochemistry, palaeontology and palaeomagnetism.
- In recent years radiometric dating of volcanic lavas, particularly in North Germany, has been used to redefine the PermianCarboniferous boundary.
- Samples for radiometric dating were collected after the main magnetostratigraphic units were defined in the field.
More definitions of radiometric datingDefinition of radiometric dating in:
- The British & World English dictionary