- A sugar present in sugar beet, cotton seed, and many grains. It is a trisaccharide containing glucose, galactose, and fructose units.More example sentences
- In addition, sugars such as raffinose and sucrose are indicated to have important roles in protecting cells from water stress.
- A standard mixture of glucose, fructose, sucrose, and raffinose was prepared from stock solutions and used for calibration and as an external standard for determining elution volumes.
- Another digestive enzyme, alpha-galactosidase, may reduce the gas caused by beans and other carbohydrates containing the sugar raffinose.
late 19th century: from French raffiner 'refine' + -ose2.
More definitions of raffinoseDefinition of raffinose in:
- The British & World English dictionary