Definition of ragwort in English:
A yellow-flowered plant of the daisy family that is a common weed of grazing land. It is toxic to livestock, especially when dried.
- Genus Senecio, family Compositae: several species, including the ragged-leaved tansy ragwort (S. jacobaea)
- Although the yellow-flowered ragwort is an attractive-looking plant, it is poisonous to animals and can cause skin reactions in people.
- Common ragwort, with its distinctive yellow flowers, is a very hardy plant producing up to 150,000 seeds at a time, which can survive for up to 20 years.
- Many landowners have to spend time, effort and money to clear the ragwort from our land that has been caused by the council's infestation.
Definition of ragwort in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.