- A cancellation or premature ending of an event because of rain.More example sentences
- Competitors endured rainouts of three events, and moisture affected two other races.
- Fog on Friday followed by a Saturday rainout meant the event would have to be run in its entirety during a 10-hour window of opportunity Sunday.
- In the event of a rainout where no winner is crowned, the bounty at the next event will be placed on the points leader entering that event.
More definitions of rainoutDefinition of rainout in:
- The British & World English dictionary