1A person who owns or runs a ranch.
- What worries me is the lack of concern regarding this trend among farmers and ranchers.
- Due to its low value for livestock forage, it is a concern to livestock producers and ranchers.
- He says Florida cattle ranchers were aided by recent severe winters and drought.
2North American A ranch house.
- Our house is a rancher so I could talk to him without shouting down like Juliet to her Romeo.
- The little ramshackle cottage was built on a gentle incline, wedged between a two-story condo on the left and a rancher with a big front lawn on the right.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of rancher in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.