Definition of ranunculus in English:
noun (plural ranunculuses or ranunculi-ˌlē-ˌlī)
A temperate plant of a genus that includes the buttercups and water crowfoots, typically having yellow or white bowl-shaped flowers and lobed or toothed leaves.
- Genus Ranunculus, family Ranunculaceae: many species, including several garden ornamentals
- Oddly, Hopkins makes perfectly realistic graphite drawings of anemones, tulips and ranunculuses that have the delicacy of drypoint etching; he also paints straightforward Japanese watercolor ‘portraits’ of flowers.
- Plant the last of the bulbs, like amaryllis, anemones, callas and ranunculus.
- Spring-planted ranunculus will bloom in June or July.
Words that rhyme with ranunculusfurunculous, homunculus
Definition of ranunculus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.