- A rectangular pattern of parallel scanning lines followed by the electron beam on a television screen or computer monitor.More example sentences
- For raster scan pattern the correlation of a series of images appears on three different timescales.
- The tracking routine starts with a fast raster scan of a large area of the sample in which the particle of interest can be observed.
- Polygonal scanners relay the outbound and return pulse, scanning the scene or target in a raster format.
mid 20th century: from German Raster, literally 'screen', from Latin rastrum 'rake', from ras- 'scraped', from the verb radere.
More definitions of rasterDefinition of raster in:
- The British & World English dictionary