- A disease contracted from the bite of a rat that causes inflammation of the skin and fever or vomiting.
More example sentences
- This disease can be caused by either of two bacteria, Spirillum minus or Streptobacillus moniliformis
- In January the CDC reported two fatal cases of rat-bite fever and linked the disease Tularemia in hamsters to humans for the first time.
- In the United States, two people have died of rat-bite fever, which is believed to have come from pet animals.
More definitions of rat-bite feverDefinition of rat-bite fever in:
- The British & World English dictionary