Definition of rat snake in English:
A harmless constricting snake that feeds on rats and other small mammals.
- Several genera and species in the family Colubridae: genus Elaphe of America, in particular E. obsoleta, and genera Ptyas and Argyrogena of Asia (also called racer), in particular P. mucosus
- Only last week a boa constrictor and rat snake were found on a golf course near Accrington.
- A climbing snake, such as a rat snake, will hold itself on a stick.
- At the end of the demonstration, the handler comes out of the cage with a rat snake in hand.
Definition of rat snake in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan