- Hegel develops his rational ontology of gender within a logic of oppositions.
- But for many people, their faith isn't based around an irrational fervour, and it isn't based around rational logic.
- The ideals of liberty, equality, and fraternity proved inadequate as bases for a fully rational society.
- Unlike the first two, Proviesque rarely displays a logical structure that can be followed by sensible rational people.
- To be honest, I once thought about having another woman, but I did not do it because I was able to be rational, I did not want to take any risks.
- I have a friend, a sensible, rational creature, not outwardly generous, but happy to share a garibaldi if pressed.
- Kant said that the mind is rational, it is endowed with Reason.
- Since men are rational and egoistic, endowed with the right of property, the composition of output should be determined by consumer sovereignty.
- There is implanted in every rational being the capacity to distinguish the true from the false, to weigh the evidence, and to confront the world without illusions.
- The set of rational numbers is denumerable, that is, it has cardinal number d.
- His idea was that every real number r divides the rational numbers into two subsets, namely those greater than r and those less than r.
- Term formalism can perhaps be extended to the integers and rational numbers, but what are the real numbers supposed to be?
- The construction of the reals from the integers proceeds in several stages: first axiomatize the positive integers, then construct negative from positive integers, then rationals from integers, and finally reals from rationals.
- Thus a set that includes the rationals has been put into a systematic one-to-one correspondence with the natural numbers.
- She then extended the function to the negative rationals.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'having the ability to reason'): from Latin rationalis, from ratio(n-) 'reckoning, reason' (see ratio).
Words that rhyme with rationalirrational, national, passional
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.