(also razor's edge)
1.1A state of sharp incisiveness: he had honed his mind to a razor edge
More example sentences
- Would the preternatural rip-rocking San Diego punk heroes lose their razor edge, get sensitive, do a ballad maybe?
- Eight years as a street cop and another three in NYPD's Protective Services Division had honed Derek's survival instincts to a razor's edge.
on the razor's edge
- In a precarious or dangerous position: it is commonplace to believe that Finns live on the razor’s edge, at the mercy of their powerful neighborMore example sentences
- People live on the razor's edge not knowing when the bomber will strike.
- These folks are risk takers living on the razor's edge of life!
- A racer who lived on the razor's edge, he wanted to know why Rindt's accident happened.
- Example sentences
- Now all you need is a razor-edged credit card and you are ready to enter the gladiatorial pit that is the Christmas sales.
- What had once been a razor-edged, crisply focused front sight suddenly turned into a furry, indistinct, gelatin-like blob.
- Glass was shredded like paper into tiny, razor-edged shards.
Definition of razor edge in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.