(also razor's edge)
Definition of razor edge in English:
1.1A state of sharp incisiveness: he had honed his mind to a razor edge
More example sentences
- Would the preternatural rip-rocking San Diego punk heroes lose their razor edge, get sensitive, do a ballad maybe?
- Eight years as a street cop and another three in NYPD's Protective Services Division had honed Derek's survival instincts to a razor's edge.
on the razor's edge
- In a precarious or dangerous position: it is commonplace to believe that Finns live on the razor’s edge, at the mercy of their powerful neighborMore example sentences
- People live on the razor's edge not knowing when the bomber will strike.
- These folks are risk takers living on the razor's edge of life!
- A racer who lived on the razor's edge, he wanted to know why Rindt's accident happened.
- Example sentences
- Now all you need is a razor-edged credit card and you are ready to enter the gladiatorial pit that is the Christmas sales.
- What had once been a razor-edged, crisply focused front sight suddenly turned into a furry, indistinct, gelatin-like blob.
- Glass was shredded like paper into tiny, razor-edged shards.
Definition of razor edge in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan