- 1 (also razorback hog) A pig of a half-wild breed common in the southern US, with the back formed into a high, narrow ridge.More example sentences
- The murderous vendetta lasted years and involved disputes over a razorback hog and various other affronts to family dignity.
- The pig known as the razorback is often associated with the state of Arkansas.
- However, the razorback pigs from which it is made are raised in N. Carolina as well as in Virginia.
- 2 (also razorback ridge) A steep-sided, narrow ridge of land.More example sentences
- We bundled up in our heaviest clothing, packed lots of food and drinks, and ascended the razorback ridge known as Section 21.
- Occasionally I glimpsed in the west a forested, razorback ridge sloping toward the equatorial lowlands below.
- The terrain covered each day would include climbing razorback ridges with spectacular views, rock hopping along creek beds surrounded by tall cliffs, travelling through rocky gorges, and the occasional picturesque waterhole.
More definitions of razorbackDefinition of razorback in:
- The British & World English dictionary